Study Visit to UN-Headquarters and Other International Organisations in Vienna
February 2-7, 2020Vienna, Austria
Vienna is indeed one of the most beautiful cities in the world! We invite students, recent graduates, as well as anyone interested in international relations to participate in a fascinating study trip to one of the 4 headquarters of the United Nations – to the UN headquarters in Austria. Moreover, you will have a chance to visit other International Organisations and broaden your horizons in charming Vienna!
During the trip, students will be able to not only visit the UN building and other International Organisations but also communicate with the staff and learn about their daily work. And especially for the group, a series of lectures about the UN as a whole and its individual units located in Vienna will be organised. The lectures will be conducted by the employees of various departments of the United Nations.
Thus, on one hand, the Study Visit will give an idea of the immediate work of the organisations, and on the other hand, will allow to directly communicate with the staff of various departments. In addition, the program has entertaining and cultural elements. Vienna is more than three thousand years old! The architecture of Vienna covers all major styles from Gothic and Renaissance to postmodernism. It is also a centre for music due to a long line of famous musicians who lived and worked in this city: Mozart, Beethoven, Haydn, Schubert, Brahms, etc. Also, various musical events (such as New Year’s Concert or annual ball at the Vienna Opera) take place there. Study Visit will give you time to join a city tour and explore this amazing city. Also, you have a chance to spend a whole day on leisure activities and museum visits.
After the program students will receive a certificate confirming participation in a study trip to the United Nations and other International Organisations in Vienna. This Study Visit is an extremely interesting event that combines educational, cultural and entertaining elements in one program!
What is this trip about? The main purpose of the Study Trip to the United Nations in Vienna is to introduce students to the UN headquarters and some other International Organisations in Vienna. The program consists of many elements – cultural, educational, entertaining, and linguistic!
What will you do during the Study Visit?
- See the UN complex from inside and outside;
- Know general information about the work of the UN in Austria and in the world;
- Learn about some of the individual units of the United Nations;
- Personally communicate with the staff of the United Nations in Vienna, ask questions;
- Directly observe the working process at the UN;
- Get information about internship opportunities at the United Nations, know how to develop a career in the UN;
- Visit other International Organisations in Vienna.
UN headquarters in Vienna includes the following units:
- United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV)
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- International Money Laundering Information Network (IMOLIN)
- International Narcotics Control Board (INCB)
- Office for Outer Space Affairs United Nations Postal Administration (UNPA)
- United Nations Information Service (UNIS)
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR)
- International Trade Law Division of the United Nations Secretariat / United Nations
Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- United Nations Environment Programme – Interim Secretariat of the Carpathian Convention (UNEP Vienna ISCC)
- United Nations Register of Damage Caused by the Construction of the Wall in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (UNRoD)
The detailed Agenda will be sent to the participants prior to the program start date.
All participants will receive the certificate about the successful completion of the course.
The fee for the course is €850.
The fee includes:
- The course (including all costs of the materials)
- Transportation to the UN and other International Organisations