ACTION FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
AfCD was founded with the mission of promoting community building and social transformation in diverse and under resourced communities. We do this through specific and measurable approaches designed to enhance the capacity of individuals especially from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic or refugee groups. We support disadvantaged members of the community, helping them to define their own path to bring about social change.
Social transformation and community development can only occur in a society that is just, free from all forms of oppression and is culturally dynamic.
To meet the needs of these individuals we will work with our networking partners to provide information, advice and guidance, ample training resources and community engagement in developing responsible and active citizens.
Our Core Objectives are:
- To provide training in the community.To promote empowerment, self-advocacy and encourage refugees, disadvantage members of the society, black and ethnic minorities to contribute their skills to the benefit of the wider community
- To provide a forum for exchange of ideas, resource assistance, and coordination with other community based organizations.
- To carry out research and publications on issues of development and human rights.To set up projects as well as collaborate with existing Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) in the developing world whose works are geared toward the development of civil society and the reduction of poverty.
Our Mission Statement:
Our highest endeavor is to develop free human beings who are able of themselves to impart purpose and direction to their lives.
Working from the principle that every community has strengths and resources that can be brought together to achieve the goals of its members, Action for Community Development aims to contribute to the creation of a better future through These main projects:
- Docklands Training Centre (DTC)
- Community Legal Centre (CLC)
- Community Health Project (CHP)
- Community Volunteering Project (CVP)
- Community Aid Loan Project (CALP)
- International Partnership Program (IPP)