Admin Finance Officer
Responsible to: Director
Salary: £25k per year
Type of Contract: Fixed term for 2 years, Full-time
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: AfCD, Deptford Bridge London SE8
Join a small, committed team working to build the Capacity of Lewisham BME (L-BME) organisations. The Admin Finance Officer’s key responsibilities will be
- Maintaining financial systems through accurate record keeping.
- Providing financial support operationally to the wider staff team nationally.
- Implement financial systems and processes for AfCD and L-BME groups participating in the Capacity Building Project.
- Actively build relationships with colleagues, partners and individuals to strengthen networks across our projects and activities.
- Assist with efficient and accurate bookkeeping and records management of financial accounts including regular reconciliation activity according to standard processes.
- Raise, receive, process, code and upload invoices to/from suppliers and funders using finance management software, especially Quickbooks.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements, credit cards and pre-paid cards
- Record grants, donations and other income from supporters, members, and financial management system (Quickbooks).
- Liaise with and responding to inquiries from colleagues, suppliers and programme partners.
- Prepare monthly fundraising progress reports, quarterly management accounts, Gift Aid claims and annual financial examinations.
- Administer, track and record petty cash and staff expenses related to programme activities.
- Provide regular reconciling and reporting of donor income and programme expenditure, answering queries and providing up-to-date information to the Director.
- Create financial reports to enable tracking and monitoring of spend and in reporting to grant funders.
- Ensure your work is carried out to the required quality standards and adhering to internal financial management procedures.
- Provide documentation to facilitate programme operations, including grant documents and funder reports.
- Support the Finance Manager in ensuring AfCD is compliant with contractual and legal obligations.
How to Apply
- Please fill out the application form below
- Action for Community Development is an equal-opportunity employer and invites applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Please complete AfCD’s Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
Deadline: 23.59pm, 16th February 2024
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.